The Innovus 10VGT is an automated vacuum and gassing seamer. Primarily for powder and other modified atmosphere applications, the 10VGT can achieve residual oxygen of less than 0.5%.
The 10VGT is fed by an infeed conveyor, transferring cans into the indexing turret. Cans are indexed round, to the automated end feed which drops a lid onto the can. Passing the lid in position check, cans are transferred onto the seamer lifter plate. The can is raised to the gassing position where a silicone seal inflates around the can to create an airtight environment. The vacuum port is opened until the vacuum chamber reaches the set pressure before the gassing port opens until the pressure reaches the set point. The can is seamed and returned to the table height before the next can is indexed.
Rated for up to 8 cans per minute when using both vacuum and gassing, the 10VGT is a compact and robust seaming solution.
With space to retrofit and additional seaming head, the 10VGT allows you to scale up production with demand.
Innovus 10VGT Features:
- Manufactured from all food grade 316 stainless steel
- Includes mechanical and electrical connections to retrofit an extra sealing station
- Able to handle the sealing of aluminium, tinplate and paperboard cans
- Each station incorporates single first and second operation sealing rolls
- High rate of first operation revolutions to enhance double seal integrity
- Employs industry-preferred clockwise can rotation
- Double row angular contact sealed-for-life seaming roll bearings
- Easily adjusted to take a variety of tin heights
- Enables can diameter changes in 45 minutes
- Uses food grade grease lubrication
- Incorporates electrically interlocked safety enclosure
- Siemens PLC based control system
- Easy to use touch screen operator interface panel
- Complies fully with European Hygienic Engineering Design Group (EHEDG) guidelines on maintaining food safety
- Comes with CE Mark and EU Declaration of Conformity
Innovus 10VGT Technical Data:
- Can diameter range: 99 – 190mm
- Can height range: 100 – 250mm
- Speed: Up to 8cpm
- Residual Oxygen: < 0.5 per cent
- AC motor power: 1.1kW
- Air supply pressure: 6 Bar
- Net weight: 750kg